Technical tips for prone ECIRS
- Prone position similar to conventional PCNL with appropriate Allen stirrups.
- To guarantee the operative space around the urethra, use the adhesive plaster surgical tapes to manage the hips and the labia majora (females) and the scrotum (males)
- Hide the anus
- Drapes for urethral first and the PCN site next.
- Urethral procedures first (insertion of guidewires, ureteral catheters, or access sheaths): (i) shoulder pads for Trendelenburg position, ii) the elevated surgical table because of the angled urethra. (iii) may use the flexible ureterorenoscope directly to the ureteral orifice
- PCN puncture using the bull's eye technique or the triangulation technique
- Perform 18Fr MPCNL